Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For Tricia

Upon my daily reading of CF Husband, I was inspired to follow the lead of some of other readers and post a list of things that I hope Tricia and Nathan will soon be able to experience with their little Gwyneth, some things that we all might take for granted.

I can't wait for you to experience:

1. Having a tiny finger shoved into your nose when you ask your little one 'Where is Mommy's nose?'.

2. That just out of the bathtub smell! Delicious!

3. Walking into her bedroom just in time to see Daddy 'shakin his booty' to the High School Musical soundtrack.

4. Being able to decipher all her different cries, from hurt, to sad, to mad, to hungry.

5. Your little girl telling your you are 'the most best greatest girl ever and forever' and truly believing what she is saying.

6. The smiles, screams and squeals every day when your husband arrives home from work.

7. Your 3yo telling you that you have a funny-looking belly.

8. Your 4yo telling her daddy that his 'behavior is unacceptable' and to 'sit in the cool down spot until I say it's time to get up'. (All this for pretending to steal her special treat after dinner.)

9. Being told you are just gorgeous and the most beautiful mommy.

10. Hearing "Mom - I farted in your car!" coming from the backseat.

11. When you sing to your baby and the second the song is over you hear 'again?'.

12. Holding a towel under your child while she gets sick and not being grossed out, but rather, sad that your poor baby doesn't feel good.

13. Being the only one who can make your baby stop crying and secretly loving it.

14. Knowing that you have to leave to go somewhere, but finding yourself stalling to get a few more minutes with your little one.

15. Checking on your baby just before you go to bed every night, fixing blankets and giving one more kiss and 'I love you'.

16. The holler from the bathroom of 'hey mo-om - I pooped on the potty!' and being excited about it too.

17. Watching the pride on your baby's face when she does something 'big'.

18. The loving attachment to their 'night-night' blankets.

19. The hollering of 'mama' when baby is up from her nap.

20. The joy of being loved unconditionally and loving another unconditionally.

Tricia & Nathan - I look forward to reading about all these things and so many more in the coming years.

No comments: