A friend posted this on her blog and I enjoyed reading about her firstborn....so I thought I would post about mine! If my any of my faithful stop-by-to-see-if-H-has-posted-lately-though-I-doubt-it-cuz-she-never-does-ers post this as well, please let me know, so I can read your answers too! :)
1. Were you married at the time? Yep. That's the 'proper' way right? ;)
2. What were your reactions when you found out? Sooo excited. I've wanted to be a Mommy for as long as I can remember.
3. How old were you? I had just turned 24.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? Home pregnancy test....at home...I still have it.
5. Who did you tell first? My husband, of course!
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Heck yeah! I do not like not knowing something that I could very easily know. I had to know. HAD to know.
7. Did you deliver early or late? Early by 9 days. I was induced due to high blood pressure, caused by pre-eclampsia, plus I was starting to show signs of HELPP Syndrome, which can be deadly. That part wasn't very fun.
8. Due date: December 26
9. Did you have morning sickness? I was nauseous for the first few months and the last few months, but never really sick.
10. What did you crave? Food. I worked the lunch-hour(s) at Chili's and all I wanted to do was eat, eat, eat. Fries, chips, ranch dressing, rice, corn on the cob, meat. Anything!
11. Who irritated you the most? About being pregnant? Having to sleep sitting upright...laying down always made me feel pukey.
12. What was your first child's Sex? Female
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Don't know...20ish probably.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Pre-eclampsia and HELPP Syndrome at the end. I was very lucky to catch the high blood pressure as quickly as I did. It actually hung around after baby was born too, so I was in the hossy for a week with super high pressure (talking readings of 200's/high 100's). I was on meds for about 8 weeks after baby was born.
15. How long were you in labor? I was induced at about 7pm on Dec 15, she was born around noon on Dec 16, so about 17 hours or so.
16. Hey Nicole....what happened to 16? :)
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband!
18. Who watched? Just my husband.
19. Was it natural or c-section? She came out as nature intended.
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? A lovely, lovely epidural. (ditto!!!!)
21. How much did your child weigh? Um...am I supposed to remember...shoot. 7lbs and something....
22. What did you name him/her? Wendy Lynn
23. How old is your first born today? She just turned 5. : (
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, thanks for playing! Not sure about #16.....
http://hudsonsmom.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-first-born-meme.html
Fun! Thanks for posting this. =)
that is a great meme you just did too!
OK, here is your letter...ready?
F
have fun!
Alas, I do not have children - does my dog count? after all, I did give my mom a picture one time that said "so let me understand this clearly - my grandchild is a DOG?"
Post a Comment