Thursday, April 2, 2009

BzzAgent Review: Diet Mountain Dew!

When I was in middle school we were allowed to go home for lunch, as long as we had a note from our parents. I lived just a couple of blocks from school and my friend Jill lived right across the street from the school. Most of the time we went to Jill's house and made grilled cheese sandwiches, though the real reason we went to her house was for the soda and candy! Jill's parents were always stocked up with soda. Cases of Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Orange Crush, Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, and more. They also had two drawers full of candy - every kind of candy you could imagine....it was a tween-ager's dream!

These days I am not so big into candy, but my love of soda has continued. I would guess that I have had at least one soda a day for...well...as long as I can remember. My parents didn't buy soda too often...it was a special treat when Mom brought home a 2-liter of Faygo. Soda wasn't something I just grew up drinking.

By the time I got to high school I was rarely without a soda. I kept cans of Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew in my locker for in-between-class caffeine boosts. Once I had a car, I kept a 12-pack in the passenger seat....and had a nice collection of empty cans in my back seat (not to mention a soda-covered black vinyl backseat).

Now that I am a mature, responsible, healthy-living adult, I no longer drink Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew on a regular basis.

I drink Diet Dr. Pepper. :)

I haven't had a Mountain Dew in quite a long time, so when I received an invitation to a Diet Mountain Dew Buzz Campaign, I was excited to check it out. My BzzKit arrived with a couple of cans of Diet Mountain Dew and a bunch of coupons to pass out to friends and family. I immediately opened the first can to try it out. Being the mature adult that I now am ;), I rarely drink from the can, so I poured the Diet Mountain Dew in a cup of ice and grabbed my Official BzzGuide to read all about this new-to-me drink.

The first thing that caught my eye about Diet Mountain Dew is that it not only has no calories, but is also has no sugar and no carbohydrates and is low in sodium? I didn't know that. I like that it won't cause me to gain weight like non-diet soda does!

Surprisingly I really enjoyed the flavor. It tasted just like regular Mountain Dew to me. Maybe that is because I haven't had a regular Mountain Dew in a long time, so I don't remember the exact flavor, but regardless, it was good. I liked it enough that I plan to purchase it again. Diet Dr Pepper is still my number one choice, but Diet Mountain Dew now comes in close second!

If you are a Mountain Dew lover, send me your address and I will send you a coupon for $1 off a 12-pack of Diet Mountain Dew. Then you can enjoy the yummy Mountain Dew flavor without the guilt of those extra calories!

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Yo - hook me up with one or two!

Unknown said...

You are so genius to put your review on your blog - I just never thought about doing that!

Mmmm Diet Mountain Dew!

Samantha said...

I love BzzAgent!! Mt Dew---I love it, but I can't stand diet soda. Occasionally I don't mind. But I am glad you like it!!

Unknown said...

I like Diet MD too...and Diet DP.

I think any diet pop takes getting use to.