Friday, November 9, 2007

Really.

I am not blogging, I am just writing some things down so that I will be reminded of them later. I have a bad habit of thinking about writing things down, but never really doing it. My kids are going to be so annoyed when they get older and find out I never finished their baby books. Hell, Rach doesn't even have one yet. Oops.

I was the baby of the family, the youngest of three girls. My oldest sister's baby book is overflowing with adorable tidbits of her young life, like the time she was sitting in her high chair at a biiig family dinner, lifted her leg and ripped an obnoxious fart. She still does that, by the way. I think she actually penned the quote "better out than in, I always say", not Shrek.

My middle sister's book is not overflowing, but it is at least completed. All of her teeth are accounted for, even lists of gifts received at various birthdays!

My baby book....well, mom was nice enough to fill out the first few pages. Probably what she was able to do while in the hospital with me and not having to care for my sisters. Heck, she may written that when I was 5. Maybe she came across the book, realized she never wrote in it and felt bad, so she whipped something up real quick. Or, she could have been like me and bought it well after I was born, added some info and passed it off as good enough.

Poor Rachel.

At least I know that once she has babies she will come to understand why that third book is so bare. I get it now. My mom didn't have TIME to fill out my book. She was too busy taking care of us, spending time with us. I get it.

I am getting ready to head to the store...grocery shopping with all three kids. Eek. They do have baby books there....maybe I will pick one up. :)

1 comment:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

At least after our conversation today, you know you are not alone! I'll let you know if I start something for Charlotte & then you can worry!