We are on a roll! Day 2 at preschool was a piece of cake. The girls ran right in, went potty and washed their hands, and then they each grabbed a book and sat right now on the special rug. I gave them each a hug and kiss and Little Girl and I left. Easy Peasy. :) Today was a better day overall...only one crier today...the rest of the kids were happy to be there.
*********
In other news...our little hometown grocery store is burning down as we speak. It started around 11 this morning....apparently they heard an explosion in the store, and a fire broke out. The owner thinks it could be the breaker box. I got my first glimpse of it after I dropped the girls off at school. I could see the smoke billowing from outside of town and as I got closer to town, it was so thick, I could not make out other cars that were only a few hundred feet away.
After I picked up the girls from preschool, we went through town again to see if we could get a better look. All of the surrounding roads were still blocked off, but we could see that the old, historical brick building had indeed collapsed.
It's always sad when someting like happens. The grocery store is the center of this small town. The owners are wonderful, kind people who take care of the people in this town, from opening up on Thanksgiving Day to help out a family in need, to shopping for the elderly in town and delivering their food to them, and even simple things, like ordering specific items to keep in stock for anyone who asks.
According to the owners' son, they are absolutely going to rebuild. I am sure that the community will rally around them and do all we can to help in any way possible.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment