Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mid 70's! Really?

The weather this past week has been interesting...remnants of Hurricane Gustav made their way here and brought us a ton of rain and really cooled things down. Today the high is a mere 74 degrees! In September! In Illinois! Hubby took the girls to see a parade in a nearby town and I dressed them in long pants and long-sleeved shirts! In September! In Illinois! This time of year we are usually wearing a few clothes as possible and venturing outside only when it is absolutely necessary. And, to add in a popular quip "global warming, schlobal warming". Hee hee.
*******
Right now, as I type this, I can hear a cat fight outside. I thought it was the tv upstairs at first, but the tv upstairs is not on. :)
*******
My neighborhood garage sale is coming up in two weeks. I am in charge of coordinating the sale. I do the advertising, create a map and decription of each household's sale, get copies made for anyone who wants to come. It's not really too much work, it's just that most of the work has to be done in that last week prior to the sale and mostly on those last two days. Of course, hubby is going to be out of town for work during that week, making it much more interesting.
*******
PreSchool is still going well. BG is having a ball. NBG had a hard time again on Friday. She missed Mama again....and then one of their little classmates called her "stupid NBG" for crying. Butthole. BG came to the rescue though and told him "You better not say that again or I will tell Mrs. F!". I was so proud to hear that her response was that, as opposed to calling names back, or just plain beating him up for being mean to her baby sister. :)

Oh..and I think I forgot to mention that on Thursday, NBG didn't go to school, since she is a MWF goer. When we picked up BG, she very sweetly looked at NBG and sais "NBG, I sure did miss you at school today. I mean it, I really missed you. It made me sad that you were not with me!". Aww. I totally got all teary-mommy about it. My sweet girl! I try to foster a loving, caring, always take care of each other, relationship between my girls. I want them to, not matter what, always have each other to depend on all their lives. So far, so good!
*******
Tonight - girl's night out! And not me and my baby girls, but me and a bunch of WOMEN! We are going to a winery to see a band play at the outdoor pavilion. It will be so much fun and I get a night away with some girlfriends. The best part is that it's only a 3 minute drive for me! For those who don't know me...I live in a cute little neighborhood in the middle of nowhere and it pretty much takes me 30 minutes to get anywhere! Hooray for short drives! :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

That is so great that the girls are so close and take care of each other! HeHe..it has been mid-60s here, I think mid-70s would feel like a heat wave right about now. :)